Oil Temp/pressure guages

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

dbarron

Oil Temp/pressure guages

Post by dbarron »

Has anyone had their oil temp and pressure guages sent off tp be refaced? or is there a company making new yet vintage looking guages? Id prefer to ship them and be overhauled but didnt know if there is even anything available.
Thanks
Dillon Barron
'54 170B N1899C

BARRON AVIATION
Specializing in the restoration/repair of classic aircraft
Barronaviation.com
GAHorn

Re: Oil Temp/pressure guages

Post by GAHorn »

Keystone Instruments will overhaul most gauges and refresh the faces. However, depending upon which gauges you have you might be better off to buy new ones. Don't forget the limitations notes in the TCDS/AFM. Many gauges are not properly marked (as was pointed out by our FAA speaker/Inspector Anderson at Benton Harbor, a common oversight is the minimum operating at 5 psi on oil pressure gauges.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Brad Brady

Re: Oil Temp/pressure guages

Post by Brad Brady »

I use Rudy Aircraft Instruments, Out of Rudy AR They can deal with radon interments or any other other The choice is yours....If you want a new face, or your old radon one back they will work with you. The phone number is 501-474-8759. I don't know if the last time I worked with them, (at least two years ago) there has been a real change in the radon code, but they are good, I like working with them....