Need some insurance references, please

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

4-Shipp

Need some insurance references, please

Post by 4-Shipp »

The gentleman we purchased our Cub from is having trouble getting an insurance quote due to his age (according to his agent). He is 85 and is flying a Legend Cub ELSA. Experience is not an issue. Can anyone of you who would be his "peers" recommend an underwriter that may be able to help him?

thanks,

Bruce
Bruce Shipp
former owners of N49CP, '53 C170B
blueldr

Re: Need some insurance references, please

Post by blueldr »

As ugly as the prospect is, sometimes geezerhood requires nakedness. He'll just have to shop around or get some long johns.
I speak from my birthday of 15 May 22.
BL
170C

Post by 170C »

Your friend may have already requested quotes from the usual sources, but I get my coverage through Travers in St. Louis (Mary Maggio @ 800-888-9859). There is always Avenco, AOPA and others that advertise in the vrs publications. Another possible source is Halton Hall in Fort Worth @ 817-293-3530. Good luck to your friend!

Frank
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

Went to a flyin yesterday that had a Q&A session with an AVEMCO rep. He claimed they were one of the few that would insure pilots in that age bracket (mid 70's+).
Every year close to my insurance renewal I always get something from AVEMCO that requesting I get a quote from them. I submitted a couple of requests and got a refusal to quote back from them. Been flying since 1973 and have no accidents, incidents or violations. Now I just throw them away now and will try again when nobody else will cover me.
Walt Weaver
Spencer Airport (NC35)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

One of the reasons to find a good insurance broker/agent...and STAY with that broker/agent...is because they will be more likely to continue to provide coverage as you age. Shopping and Hopping around can work against you when you need special coverage later.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bramlett

Post by Bramlett »

I have my Pathfinder and 170 insured with the James A Gardner Company. They are kind to tailwheel pilots and my experience with them has been great. Customer service and pricing are very good.

Contact

Nicole
JA Gardner Company
Regards,

Patrick

Stable fall, face down, frog modified