part numbers

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Brad Brady

part numbers

Post by Brad Brady »

Looking for the bushings that attach the motor mount to the firewall...Bushing number 0550155 and Pad number 0550154 These are rubber mounts. I want the "float plane " numbers for the aircraft (aluminum) I have installed several, yet I somehow have lost the part numbers.....any help will be appreciated.
FredMa

Re: part numbers

Post by FredMa »

They don't appear to be listed in the Cessna IPC under optional equipment so I'm guessing they are not original cessna parts. Is there supposed to be an advantage to having aluminum?
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

FredMa wrote:They don't appear to be listed in the Cessna IPC under optional equipment so I'm guessing they are not original cessna parts. Is there supposed to be an advantage to having aluminum?
thanks Fred.
Their not, I was hoping George or Bruce would be able to direct me in the right direction. I called Luminair (our local Cessna dealer). and the woman that had all the knowledge was on vacation, last week. So I will cal them again tomorrow. I'm sure I'll get what I need. By the way the rubber mounts need replaced every five years or so. (In theory) the AL mounts are good forever! :)
ak2711c

Post by ak2711c »

I am searching this P/N out as well. As I recall it was for the 172 on floats. However I haven't found the P/N yet looking through my parts catalogs. I'll post it when I find it.
Shawn
mit

Post by mit »

Do a search of the threads here. I got them here some where. I put them in now, I feel alot more vibration still not sure if it is the diferent engine or not? Don't think I would put them in again..
Tim
ak2711c

Post by ak2711c »

What engine do you have now?
mit

Post by mit »

just a different 145
Tim
ak2711c

Post by ak2711c »

0751004-1 bushing
0751004-2 pad
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Thanks AK that's what I was looking for..... :D
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Mit,
Do you rely think the vibration is due to the solid mounts? Just wondering.
FredMa

Post by FredMa »

Mit said the vibration he "feels" is alot greater. That is because the rubber mounts isolate the engine vibrations from being transmitted to the fuselage. with solid mounts all of the vibration is transmitted to the fuselage. I don't think he meant that the solid mounts are causing the vibration. More vibration transmitted to the fuselage means more cracks, I think I would stick with the rubber mounts.
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

If your mount looks like this, You have a solid mount to the airframe. That's why I asked....It isn't doing any thing at the airframe, the lord mounts are picking up all the vibration......Just my perspective! See the cracks in the rubber? the inside is worse! you pick at the mount and it just falls apart....
P8290006.JPG
FredMa

Post by FredMa »

If your prop is properly balanced and your engine mounts are in good condition, I would agree that most of the vibration you would expect should be handled by the rubber engine mounts. These are two items that are often neglected in my opinion and I find it hard to question the design of cessna and their choice of rubber engine to airframe mounts simply because they eventually wear out. It is an intresting alteration however, I would simply have to learn more about it before I would consider installing it. Does it require an stc? Is it only used on float planes?
mit

Post by mit »

I flew behind an Engine for 20 years, that I had changed all the mounts on, Fire wall and mount. Installed a different engine about a year ago with the solid mounts on the firewall and new lord mounts. I'm feeling more vibration than I ever did in the other engine. No I can NOT say for sure that it is the solid mounts, but I'm leaning that way. The rubber on the fire wall was definitely worn out after almost 20 years.
Tim
canav8

Post by canav8 »

Tim have you had your prop dynamically balanced? If you havent, I would do that before you go after mounts especially if you changed them yourself.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug