Re: 4th Qtr News

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Thanks. Jan and I work pretty hard getting these together and getting it out in a timely manner. It's a bit easier when you have material to work with.

What is always lacking is technical stuff. We'd like to print a lot more articles on how someone accomplished maintenance or other technical info of interest to 170 owners. It takes time I know. I tried to capture images myself of the maintenance I performed on 7A this year. I had mixed success because I never remembered to take the picture before I installed something or didn't want to disrupted the process for a picture.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Bramlett

Post by Bramlett »

It was a great quarterly. I really enjoyed it. Saw Arash's 170 on the cover. Very nice.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'd love to read more about member's 170s regularly in the quarterly. Doesn't have to be technical just what they love about the 170 and what makes theirs special.

All the best.
Regards,

Patrick

Stable fall, face down, frog modified
n3833v

Post by n3833v »

I liked the float story and Bill's article on the conventions. Thanks everyone for the input.

John
John Hess
Past President 2018-2021
President 2016-2018, TIC170A
Vice President 2014-2016, TIC170A
Director 2005-2014, TIC170A
N3833V Flying for Fun
'67 XLH 900 Harley Sportster
EAA Chapter 390 Pres since 2006
K3KNT
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

just got my via Minnesota to Texas........Excellent job Bruce and Jan

Merry Christmas

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Yes! Kudos to Bruce, Jan and all involved. Good photos and interesting articles with a lot of variety. John P's article got me to thinking....enjoyed the floatplane article....always good to ask what your customers want (Bill's article on conventions) and loved the cover shot of Ayana's bird.

And while the Assn has always been about friends and connections, I think the board has made a good decision to attempt the mid-year meeting to be held via phone/pc. A good move that may lead to more interest in board members serving.

You guys (and gals!) are doing A LOT and we appreciate it.
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

Can't wait for my copy to finally get here. Mail is running slow. My wife's Christmas present that was supposed to be here last week got here today :( . She had to do with a picture yesterday.
Walt Weaver
Spencer Airport (NC35)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

N2255D wrote:..... Mail is running slow. My wife's Christmas present that was supposed to be here last week got here today :( . She had to do with a picture yesterday.
How personal was your gift?
(Can the picture be posted on a family site?) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Kudos for Timothy Strand. That young man has a real way with words. His write up in our Fourth Quarter News on his float plane trip on Lake Michigan was exceptionally well done and a real pleasure to read.
Thnk you, Tim.
BL
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

blueldr wrote:Kudos for Timothy Strand. That young man has a real way with words. His write up in our Fourth Quarter News on his float plane trip on Lake Michigan was exceptionally well done and a real pleasure to read.
Thnk you, Tim.
BL and others, I'm so glad you liked Tim's story. To be perfectly honest, from an editors point, a bit to long for our publication. But I he had such a way with words I couldn't stop reading it, couldn't figure out how to edit it for length and then didn't want to mess it up cutting it into a two part story. Reading it I could just imagine it was me and not him in the adventure. So it stood just as it was sent and the pictures got a bit smaller than I would have liked.

Nice to hear it appears I made the right call.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
SteveF

Post by SteveF »

Well written, fun reading, and thought provoking. Exposed me to the pleasures and challenges
of an area of flying I had no interest in before and now have a novices appreciation for.
Thanks.