ECI cylinders revisited

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: ECI cylinders revisited

Post by GAHorn »

Aryana wrote:George, just curious...how did you catch that corrosion after only 3 months since the last annual? That's a scary one...
Aryana...that intergranular corrosion did not occur after only 3 months from last inspection. That's when it was DISCOVERED. That corrosion (intergranular) does not occur in only 3 months... it sometimes takes years to develop to that degree...and sometimes may occur in one-year to a smaller degreee...but THAT corrosion wasn't new...it was overlooked/undiscovered because Alan Dunn and Capitol Wings did not properly inspect that attach fitting despite the fact that the Cessna inspection program they claim to have used, and the Cessna forms they actually attached their certificate numbers and signatures to.... specifically stated they had removed that fairing and inspected that fitting. Image

I don't mind naming them because I'll never do business with them again under any circumstances, and I'm not scared to name them because I'm being truthful about them and they know it. There are plenty of other shops who actually do the inspections they're paid to perform, with NO Image
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)