Prop Survey

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Waterboy

Re: Prop Survey

Post by Waterboy »

counsellj wrote:It is great to hear all the great responses and excitement of C-170 fly-ins in the PNW. One of the things I miss about being back in Texas was the monthly -170 Fly-ins. It has been my plan to put together a distribution list from the membership guide and start to organize monthly fly-ins around Washington.

Standby for more. Throw your ideas my way.

Jughead
I like the idea of a monthly get together. Charley, Texada looks great but I bet we can find a time and place a little sooner too. How about picking a location in April where we can meet for lunch and grab one of those $100 hamburgers. If it we get weathered out we try again in May. Perhaps some where central to those that are interested.

Ken
wabuchanan

Post by wabuchanan »

counsellj wrote:wabuchanan works too much, but I know where he keeps his airplane. I will plan to do a fly-off comparison of his two props while he's slaving away on another 80 straight work shift. :lol:
HaHaHa!

We found an opening in the rain clouds this afternoon........125mph @ 2550 in dense cold air (DM7653) with the pants off and the 6.00 x 6 tires on. :mrgreen:

More comparisons to come in the near future!

~Bill
1950 170A N5776C SN:19730
juredd1

Post by juredd1 »

On the off chance that I find a bag of unclaimed money can someone give me an idea of how much the 80/42 prop would set me back?

Justin
My playground....
35°58’52.01” N 93°06’27.51” W
'54 170B White and Green with a hint of Red
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

The STC for the 80/29 is $250 I think.
Props go from $1k used to $5k new from what I've seen.
Joe Moilanen

Post by Joe Moilanen »

Waterboy wrote:
counsellj wrote:It is great to hear all the great responses and excitement of C-170 fly-ins in the PNW. One of the things I miss about being back in Texas was the monthly -170 Fly-ins. It has been my plan to put together a distribution list from the membership guide and start to organize monthly fly-ins around Washington.

Standby for more. Throw your ideas my way.

Jughead
I like the idea of a monthly get together. Charley, Texada looks great but I bet we can find a time and place a little sooner too. How about picking a location in April where we can meet for lunch and grab one of those $100 hamburgers. If it we get weathered out we try again in May. Perhaps some where central to those that are interested.

Ken
Sounds great, I can think of numerous cool places to meet up at around the area, when the time gets closer we'll put our heads together for sure....

Joe
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

I'm in for the meet but for now, I'll be driving. Mr Rivas used to organize stuff but its been awhile since there's been a get-together. Texada Island is in prime time airshow / camping period and although it would be great it would be in stiff competition for attendees.
Sorry for the thread drift and carrying on with the prop discussion, a member from Quebec recently asked what prop would be the best for a 2000' grass strip, Alt about 250 ft and desiring more speed with the 0-300 (yeah I know who doesn't want to get there faster).
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS