Dog lovers

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: Dog lovers

Post by GAHorn »

Trick or Treat!
Trick or Treat!
TrickOrTreat.jpg (16.54 KiB) Viewed 11565 times
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

flyguy wrote:[... I love to watch her "lead" us up the street to the firehouse. She hears the tone go off and runs to the street, for she know it means a trip to the fire station. She can run at just over 20 mph, and stays just a few yards ahead of the Tahoe or Blazer then stays to guard and wait for us till we get back from the call. She sings to the sounds of the air brakes squealing as I back the fire engine into the station house then, as soon as the automatic doors start down, she gets herself down the street a few yards, ready to "lead" us back to home. We did restrain her a few times when we thought there would be a conflict arise if we let her go the the station. We left her whining and pouting. Then after we left her, she fought against the chain and finally pulled out of her collar and showed up at the station happy as a clam....
GAr... I may have a solution for you. As Asst Fire Chief you should declare her an "OFFICIAL FIRE DOG", giving her the same status as a K-9 Officer.
Then she'd be "protected" from abuse by others as a public servant, and could "enforce the law" around your neighborhood as she sees fit! :P

(Everyone: While Bandit stayed with Jamie and I during Ol'Gar's and Deana's trip to AZ...she behaved perfectly. I did keep her in a kennel-yard, primarily. (And she let me know from time to time she didn't care for it by occasionally giving out little, tiny whines that said, "My Daddy doesn't keep me locked up like this and when he gets back I'm gonna TELL ON YOU! to him."

Then I'd let her out for a stroll down the grass runway and she'd just happy as a clam again, leading the way.
Funny thing is, when it was time to return home....she'd obediently go right back into the kennel-yard without any argument at all!
LOL :lol:

She was a real pleasure and always promptly rolled over to get a belly to rub when I'd visit her in the kennel. No barking all night or anything. Just a real well-behaved little lady!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Well she didn't complain as much on the ride home but she made a little prison breakout in Madisonville, TX. We had stopped at the market for something to eat and I decided to lie down on the bed while Deana did the shopping. I heard her at the door but wasn't quick enough to get a hold on Bandit. She slithered out and went across the parking lot to explore all the smells and sounds. Finally after a while she realized we were munching on stuff and made her way to the door. We lured her back in with some juicy chicken parts then got back on the road. It was neat to watch her nose start to work as we crossed the 3 Mile Bridge over Toledo Bend. She knew we were getting close to some place she recognized.

Thanks again George for taking very good care of the Bandit.
Last edited by flyguy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

A humorous, but purportedly true dog story on another forum.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
cessna170bdriver

A little too funny not to pass along...

Yesterday I was at my local COSTCO buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog and was in the checkout line when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had, an elephant? So since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's @$$ and a car hit us both.
Miles

— Thomas Browne
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Again.....you make me fall off my chair,Miles...............
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

IMA FELT SORIER FER THU DAWG Y GOT KILT THEN U - U BUT SNIFER
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
cessna170bdriver

Brad Brady wrote:Again.....you make me fall off my chair,Miles...............
I don't write 'em, I just pass 'em along... :lol:
Miles

— Thomas Browne
rhymes

Post by rhymes »

And then there's this, from my favorite Cowboy Poet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkL9PoOABPE
Bruce & Kathy Rhymes
1954 Cessna 170B
N2865C
Green Bean

Post by Green Bean »

One more picture for the night, This one is of "Pilot" who is always ready to go flying.
Attachments
Pilot waiting for a ride.jpg
Pilot waiting for a ride.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 11278 times
mike roe

Post by mike roe »

Our bird dogs are well rested and ready to hit the fields in a minutes notice. Well maybe 15 minutes.
Attachments
DSCN2764.JPG
cessna170bdriver

Ron Massicot wanted me to post this link and wish y'all a Merry Christmas and a happy prosperous New year for him. :D

http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/previ ... 6/graphic1
Miles

— Thomas Browne
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

Awwww.... Thanks, Ron! (and Miles!)
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Nice one!!!! Thanks Ron!
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Nice one Ron!
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005