**** New Family Member ****

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

fpinan

**** New Family Member ****

Post by fpinan »

Dear All ,

I just wanted to introduce myself .
My name is Fred PINAN , i'm 42 years old and just had the chance to take over Mike's Roe C170 project ( N2475D ) .
I'm original from the South West of France ( Basques Country ) but i've been leaving in US with my wife Melani and my daugther Jade ( Southern girl ! ) since 5 years now.
We enjoy very much to leave in Mooresville, NC ... and i will probably stay for a wile here :D
The plane will be based in 14A ( Lake Norman Air park ) and if you need to make a "pit stop" , please do not hesitate to email me !
With the support of a friend and Mike , i hope to have this beauty in the air in 18 months or so ... :roll:

I will open a web side soon to promote the joy of restoring a C170 ! :)

Attached a first picture ( Sorry for the quality of it ) ,
Hope to see ya'll very soon .
Fred
Attachments
Departure from VA99 on Saturday
Departure from VA99 on Saturday
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC
cessna170bdriver

Re: **** New Family Member ****

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Welcome Fred!

It's always good to see someone ressurecting one of these old airplanes. I have an uncle about an hour southeast of you (Midland, NC) who is a designated airworthness representative. He's 83 now and not very active any more but if you need any local technical help he could probably point you in the right direction.

Good luck with your project!
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Fred,

Nice to meet you here online and hopefully some day in person. We've been communicating here on the forum with Mike for some time know as he has worked on his 170 and while we will miss Mike, it is nice to know someone has taken over the project.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
hilltop170

Post by hilltop170 »

Welcome aboard Fred! Its always great to get new and enthusiastic members. Good luck on your project and don't hesitate to ask the members on the Forum for advice. We almost always have an opinion.
Richard Pulley
2014-2016 TIC170A Past President
1951 170A, N1715D, s/n 20158, O-300D
Owned from 1973 to 1984.
Bought again in 2006 after 22 years.
It's not for sale!
fpinan

Post by fpinan »

Thank you very much Miles and Bruce .
I spend already a lot of hours to read all the information in the Hangar's section and it's extremely helpful to have you all around .

I guess Mike will be still around the 170's family ...He's a very nice fellow . He will come from time to time to visit me in 14A he said .
I'm very please to take over him as it's just amazing to see the quality of the work he did so far on the frame .

My intention is to bring back this plane as close as possible to the stock version ( Polish and blue ).
I might bother you in the future with a lot of detail questions :?

Thank you again ,
Fred
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC
fpinan

Post by fpinan »

hilltop170 wrote:Welcome aboard Fred! Its always great to get new and enthusiastic members. Good luck on your project and don't hesitate to ask the members on the Forum for advice. We almost always have an opinion.
Thanks Richard , looking forward to meeting all of you in person ASAP.
Fred
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC
mike roe

Post by mike roe »

As Fred mentioned I have sold my 52 170B to him. I realized between time, and finances to finish the plane the way I wanted was not realistic. I also have a 1947 Stinson I am flying and maintaining. I have had many sleepless nights thinking about parting with the 170 but after meeting Fred I feel very confident it went to the right person. He is very enthusiastic about keeping it original as practical. I know the association is lucky to have him in the fold and will do everything they can to help getting another beautiful 170 back in the air. And yes I will stay a member, at least until 2475D breaks the gravitational pull.
Mike Roe
fpinan

Post by fpinan »

mike roe wrote:As Fred mentioned I have sold my 52 170B to him. I realized between time, and finances to finish the plane the way I wanted was not realistic. I also have a 1947 Stinson I am flying and maintaining. I have had many sleepless nights thinking about parting with the 170 but after meeting Fred I feel very confident it went to the right person. He is very enthusiastic about keeping it original as practical. I know the association is lucky to have him in the fold and will do everything they can to help getting another beautiful 170 back in the air. And yes I will stay a member, at least until 2475D breaks the gravitational pull.
Mike Roe
Thanks Mike for your kind words.
I spend tonight a couple of hours to read all the documents of the plane and it's amazing to see all the history which belongs to this lady ....

Hope to see you very soon (!) ,
Fred
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC
fpinan

Post by fpinan »

hilltop170 wrote:Welcome aboard Fred! Its always great to get new and enthusiastic members. Good luck on your project and don't hesitate to ask the members on the Forum for advice. We almost always have an opinion.
Thank you as well Richard .
I'll certainly need some support in the future and I thank you in advance.
Fred
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Fred, ....as someone who has conversed with Mike about his restoration efforts.... I'm certain you can appreciate his dedication to perfection. Congratulations ! on your acquisition!
And WELCOME to our Association of owners of this sweet airplane!
You have a LOT of NEW FRIENDS!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
T. Gandy

Post by T. Gandy »

Congratulations, Fred! I loom forward to seeing the web site and hope to meet you in St. Louis.
Terry Gandy
Don't stop flying the plane until it's tied down or the paramedics arrive
C170U2

Post by C170U2 »

And let the fun begin! Congrats and good luck with the restoration. Try not to piss off your wife too much by spending all your time at the airport, in the garage, or just daydreaming about what your next move is going to be!

Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!!

Mike
fpinan

Post by fpinan »

Whow !!!

Thank you all for your warm welcome !! I really really appreciate it .
I was already aware the C170 family was very active but i can feel it now :)

I'll do my best to keep my wife happy 8) and at the same time move the stuff forward !! :twisted:

Yesterday , my daughter ( 4 years old ) started to help me to wash the wings :?

It's the first thing you need to learn in aviation , am i right ???

Thanks again .
Fred
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Bonjour Frederic, Bon chance avec votre "B"
Bienvenue au club international 170.
Can you get some of your fellow flyers in France to join the association. Some of us would like to hear the experiences of 170's in other countries.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
fpinan

Post by fpinan »

c170b53 wrote:Bonjour Frederic, Bon chance avec votre "B"
Bienvenue au club international 170.
Can you get some of your fellow flyers in France to join the association. Some of us would like to hear the experiences of 170's in other countries.
Hi Jim ,

Are you from France or Quebec ?? Your French is excellent !
I will certainly do all my best to promote the association.

I just made some research to see if i can find a French owner association for Cessna Airplanes but I didn't find anything.

I just sent an email to the FFA ( Federation Française Aeronautique ) , equivalent of AOPA or EAA, to ask them some support and see if they would like to send me a listing of all C170 French owners .

Unfortunately I can generate on line this document easily without their support . If they agree , than I'll be glad to write and email and send it over all the owners .

I'll work on it and if I keep you posted ,
Fred
Last edited by fpinan on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Frédéric PINAN
52, C170B / SN#20627
f.pinan@gmail.com
Mooresville ,NC