SEB07-5

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N4027v

SEB07-5

Post by N4027v »

Single Engine Service Bulletin SEB07-5 Revision 4. September Fly Paper noted that Cessna would provide free seat stops and to contact Cessna service center. I asked my A&P how to get them and he said I just need to purchase some from Aircraft Spruce. I'm in Mississippi and would appreciate more info about how to get the free stops.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: SEB07-5

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

You need to call a Cessna Propellor Service Center. They are the only one who can get and install the Cessna Secondary Seat Stop under free warranty.

Here is a list of all the Cessna Propellor Service Centers: https://support.cessna.com/docs/custsup ... mestic.pdf

Don't delay. The program ends December 31, 2013 unless they extend it again.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
KS170A

Post by KS170A »

If you want your local A&P to install the kit, you'll likely have to buy the kit outright initially. Once the kit is installed, submit a copy of the logbook entry for reimbursement. At least that's what I heard from my local Cessna parts distributor. Others may vary, and others may want to install the kit themselves (which might allow you to not buy the kit then go back for reimbursement).
--Josh
1950 170A
canav8

Post by canav8 »

It must be done at a repair facility. They will not allow just an A&P to install it. They want to be able to point the finger some where. I ended up paying for the stop because I could not get it to an authorized repair facility, FYI. D
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
mekstrand

Post by mekstrand »

canav8 wrote:It must be done at a repair facility. They will not allow just an A&P to install it. They want to be able to point the finger some where. I ended up paying for the stop because I could not get it to an authorized repair facility, FYI. D
Doug,

Your information is incorrect. I purchased the kit through Yingling Aviation. I installed the kit myself (I'm an A&P). I emailed Yingling Aviation a copy of the log book entry and they had the purchase price plus labor allowance refunded to my credit card in a couple days. I then reinvested the labor allowance and purchased a kit for the passenger side...
spduffee

Post by spduffee »

So how much do they cost anyway? Does anyone have a photo of the install? Thanks, Shawn
N5448C -1950 170-A
mekstrand

Post by mekstrand »

Shawn,

The kit for the pilots seat (SK210-174B) was $533 when I purchased it. I don't have any photos of the installation but I'll take a couple the next time I'm out at the hangar. Here's a link to the instructions so you can see an illustration of the instillation.

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/con ... s_id=36764
Bruce Fenstermacher

Here is a link to a previous thread with pictures of my install.

http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewtop ... =24&t=9681

N4027v

Post by N4027v »

Thanks for the help! Now I just need to get it done before the end of year.
canav8

Post by canav8 »

mekstrand wrote:Shawn,

The kit for the pilots seat (SK210-174B) was $533 when I purchased it. I don't have any photos of the installation but I'll take a couple the next time I'm out at the hangar. Here's a link to the instructions so you can see an illustration of the instillation.

https://support.cessna.com/custsupt/con ... s_id=36764
They would not reimburse me. It was also a timing thing. They had just expired the first time. No matter, it was money worth spent after the accident reports i read.
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
spduffee

Post by spduffee »

Oh wow. That's not at all what I expected. Pretty interesting installation and solution. Thanks for sharing the photos and infos.
N5448C -1950 170-A
Bruce Fenstermacher

spduffee wrote:Oh wow. That's not at all what I expected. Pretty interesting installation and solution. Thanks for sharing the photos and infos.
It looks like an inertia seat belt reel but it is not. There is no inertia system involved. The reel is attachet to the seat frame and the other end to the floor in front of the seat. It locks where ever it is released and runs free either direction when the release is pulled. The release cable is attached to your seat adjusting lever and should work transparently when in correct adjustment.

To be honest it looks like a Rube Goldberg operation but it has worked very well for me and I practically forget it is there other than the piece of mind and an extra bolt to remove when I remove the seat.