Extended (by 2") exhaust tailpipes?

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Do your tailpipe clamps have a locator-pin within them? There should be a 3/16-1/4" pin on the inside diameter of one of the half-clamps that match up with a locator hole in the tailpipes. The pin immobilizes the pipes.
russ murri

Post by russ murri »

you need to install Bartones this realy cleans things up and give a nice throaty sound to these under powered beauties. Russ
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

russ murri wrote:you need to install Bartones this realy cleans things up and give a nice throaty sound to these under powered beauties. Russ
Yeah. And get some of those "retro" tread tires, and put some playing cards on your nose-bowl to "roar" against the prop blades. Sounds really powerful! :lol:
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

It's hard to beat the sound of a C-145 powered Swift with the original "3-into-3" straight pipes! Kind of a smooth growly sound--I only hope my 170 sounds half as good!

Eric
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Goody passed away a week ago :(
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

N1478D wrote:Goody passed away a week ago :(
My previous msg was posted without that knowlege, and it somehow seemed inappropriate to tease Goody (about mistakenly selling his 170) without his ability to retaliate. So I deleted the post.

I'm very saddened to learn of "Goody" Goodrich's passing. I last saw him here at my place when he and Fran visted as a houseguests. He was an active member of the Texas contingent and fly-ins will be different without him. :cry: