Mixture cable part number

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

motoadve

Mixture cable part number

Post by motoadve »

My mixture cable broke today, looking for the part number, I think mine was the wrong cable or not setup correctly, because was very hard to make the engine quit when I pulled the mixture, and always Had to pull really hard for the engine to quit.
I have the Avcon conversion with the Lycommin O360.
Anyone has the part number for a mixture cable, I would appreciate it.
n2582d

Re: Mixture cable part number

Post by n2582d »

Avcon drawing 17034 and the Avcon parts list in our Mx Library doesn’t list a mixture cable. Drawing 17034, “INSTL: POWER PLANT CONTROLS” shows two possible installations. The standard option for a mixture control is a bowden wire cable using bracket p/n 17020-2 and an optional heavier cable which uses a rod end to attach the mixture control to the mixture lever. This set up uses bracket p/n 17020-1. My suggestion would be to contact McFarlane Aviation and have them build a custom mixture cable using dimensions which you provide. You might also consider joining the Association just to have access to all the Avcon drawings Joel Wattum generously provided. Those drawings alone would more than pay for membership dues.
Gary
ghostflyer

Re: Mixture cable part number

Post by ghostflyer »

I have had the same problem,my mixture cable broke also. I was over 700 miles from home . Contacted McFarlane by phone and they sent one to my hotel . Great service , I had the cable in 48 hours from the USA to the middle of Australia . It did cost me plenty. But a great product. Not hard to fit.
PS. I have a 4 banger also and I “think”Mc farlane used a 172 part no. The document had a release note, part number label , and a diagram from a manual on fittment. Can’t remember if the diagram had a nose wheel or tail wheel. It works GREAT.