AVCON - O-360 Motor Mount

Where TIC170A members may list items for sale or trade or make wants known.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Forum rules
Guests and forum participants are welcome to view posts in this area but one must be TIC170A member to post an ad here - -Why Join the TIC170A - - How to Join the TIC170A
pmoggach

AVCON - O-360 Motor Mount

Post by pmoggach »

Looking for a motor mount either good or damaged for the AVCON conversion. The welding shops like ACORN who used to produce these seem reluctant to sell a new one since they got taken over by Hartzell. They will however repair an existing mount (maybe even something close?). In Canada we don't have the luxury of the 337 process. I am pretty sure you could use an O-320 mount in that case as a starting point. Ah the joys of working on a classic airplane. Hope to fly our re-build '53 this summer on the C-145.

Paul Moggach
c170b53

Re: AVCON - O-360 Motor Mount

Post by c170b53 »

Acorn in YEG is a good outfit, they rebuilt my engine mount and I had good dealings with them. Asking them to produce a new one would of course be an illegal act on their part to do so. Its a shame given the age of our aircraft and the state of GA that a licensed AME using certified parts cannot maintain an aircraft in the certified category because of a lack of parts.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS