Attention Cessna 170 and 172 Owners!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Attention Cessna 170 and 172 Owners!

Post by GAHorn »

Hello, And WELCOME to THE TYPE CLUB for the Cessna 170 airplane….and Owner/Operator-Club for the Cessna 172. THIS is a Gathering-Place for Owners and Operators and our Discussion FORUM for any related Topic. Glad you Found Us!

We are known as THE INTERNATIONAL CESSNA 170 ASSOCIATION … and we are THE source for Information and Data on Operating and Maintaining the airplane.

We are ALSO the inclusive resource and Owner-Club-Site for Early CESSNA 172 …and ”SKYHAWK”… Owners! This includes the FIRST-Production Models of the 172 originally produced with the CONTINENTAL O-300 ENGINE….(previously known as C-145 engine.) This is the appropriate and Best place for the early (1956 thru 1967) C-172 models (A-H) because of the commonality of the Type with the “One-Seventy” … As the FIrst 172 produced in 1956 actually “came down the assembly-line” alongside it’s 170 fore-runner… In Fact, the 172 was produced on the SAME 170 TYPE CERTIFICATE, …and according to existing records, many airframes came down that line with TWO gear-box structural provisions…. perhaps such that the choice of landing gear …. “Conventional” or “Tri-Cycle” (the “Land-O-Matic”)…. could be made at some later point in fuselage construction. (Personally… I never found too-much “Matic” in either!)

If you Own or Operate a Cessna 170… OR Cessna 172, including models A-H… WE WELCOME YOU and encourage you to JOIN with the Many Cessna owners who operate the SAME BASIC AIRFRAME!

DID YOU KNOW…?… Participation in most sections of These Forums is FREE to ALL who register and are interested…. BUTnot all Participants are MEMBERS of the “ASSOCIATION”.
We frequently discover Participants here who “thought” that participation in these Forums automatically gained Membership in the “Type Club” (The International Cessna 170 Association). And they later discover that These Forums have MEMBER-ONLY AREAS* which carry Valuable Resource Material much of which is UnAvailable from any other source…. But these Participants are NOT MEMBERS because they have not actually Joined the Association.

Are YOU one of these “Participants” who are Not Getting the Advantages of FULL RESOURCES?

JOIN at our Home Page: https://cessna170.org/

CLICK on https://cessna170.org/register/ and JOIN US! …and ENJOY FULL PRIVILEGES of Our Association.

WHAT PRIVILEGES? *Access to The Maintenance Library (MX LIBRARY) This area of the FORUMS contains Resources which are UNAVAILABLE anywhere else…. some of it because the manufacturer no longer provides the necessary resources needed by Owner/Operators. Original Blueprints, Service Bulletins and Letters, Techniques and Procedures which are LOST to many “modern” technician/mechanics who did not have the advantages of early-aircraft-construction experiences. Many airplanes built in the later 1940’s thru the mid/late-1960’s utilized techniques and materials-designs which are unfamiliar to some who have trained on and maintained only later designs. WE have the “Tribal Knowledge” and Contributions of those who know these models and Are Experienced with their unique maintenance and operating characteristics.
*Member Intercom- where Forum postings can be created and read by-and-between Full Members of TIC170A ONLY.
*TradeMart postings are Free Classifieds and can only be created by Full Members… however all Forum Participants (public) may read and respond to the Classifieds posted by Full Members. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Cessna or Aviation related items in TradeMart.

JOIN US and ENJOY FULL ASSOCIATION with those Friends who share YOUR MODEL CESSNA!

A personal note from Me, George Horn: I am privileged to own Both Model Cessna’s… I own a 1953 Cessna 170-B…. AND a 1962 Cessna 172-C “SkyHawk” .
I am privileged to serve this Association of 170 and 172 owner/operators as a Forum moderator as well as the Association “Parts & Maintenance Advisor”. I have a “confession” to make: I do not know all there is to know about these airplanes. But I know WHERE to FIND that knowledge. Our Association MEMBERSHIP holds the “Tribal Knowledge” of these models and Together we Can, and Do, help All to come to Inquire.

Other “Tribal Members” are Bruce Fenstermacher, Forum Moderator (aka “slave”) and rotor-head and talented A&P who is likely the person who does the actual key-clicks to empower your Forum Activities and moderate All of us!

And, Karl Towle, (current “Prez”, and former USAF and Delta pilot. The three of us also serve as the “I.T. Committee” for our Assoc’n. (so-called because we all should be “committed” for volunteering for these jobs.) :?

More Importantly are full Members who I shall not name (to protect the “innocent”) …but who will be Quickly-Evident to you… who are the REAL KNOWLEDGE-BASE of our Assoc’n. You will know them …and Benefit by knowing them….and by their contributions in these Forums.

And we look forward to YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS here!

THIS IS THE PLACE to JOIN and become One of the Tribe! Enjoy FULL MEMBERSHIP Privileges and Friendship of your Felow Aviators in Love with these WONDERFUL CESSNAS! … and WELCOME!

Say “Hello” to our Exec. Secy., Jan Billeb, when you use our contact:
https://cessna170.org/register/

Thank You.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)