Goodbye Canda, Hello Texas

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy

Post by flyguy »

[quote="N1478D"]Well [color=yellow]BOYS[/color], while you two have been sitting around talking with each other about my lack of action, this is where we flew the last two days.

First we met up at O'Briens for great fuel price, then over to Lancaster for a GREAT saturday morning breakfast. Then on to Booneville, AR for fuel and hangar flying with a RotorWay Exec pilot/owner. Then to Clinton while the airshow had the runway closed at Holley Mountain. Got to go inside a radial engine rebuilders shop there. Then to Holley Mountain and we had really good funnel cakes. Then we flew to Mount Petit Jean that has a flyin campground and spent the night and enjoyed the thunderstorm that night, lots of nice cool sleeping air. Then over to Clarksville to use the airport car to go get ice. Then we flew to Ozark, Dad came out to the airport and picked us up so we could go and enjoy Mom's home cooking with Strawberry Shortcake/Ice Cream for desert. Then back to Booneville for fuel and on back here to DFW. The two planes played with boats and barges on the Arkansas River and other kindly deeds the last two days.

So, where did the two of you go flying to this weekend Gary and George?[/quote]

ALL I DID WUZ DRIVE ROUN THE AIRPORT DRINKIN BEER :roll:
4-Shipp

Finally here!

Post by 4-Shipp »

Hey Joe and fellow Texan's, we have officially arrived (defined as finally getting the modem working and hooked up on-line...got spoiled with the cable internet up north!). We arrived on 9 Sep but didn't get the computer on line until two days ago. Just got a call from the folks and 9CP will arrive tomorrow around 2 pm. GOODY, GOODY, GOODY, GOODY, GOODY!!!! The hangar is all ready and freshly swept. For the person who asked about hangar/gas prices I'm paying $150/month for half a 60x70 hangar with doors on two sides. We can get either plane in/out without touching the other one. My hangar mate is a straight tail 172 - may have to rename the hangar the Classic Corner or somehting more fitting :). Gas is $1.95 self serve credit card. NO 80 octane.

Gotta love this moving thing! In temproary housing for the next five weeks, then move to base housing for 4-6 months until a new house is built. Still looking for 10-20 acres of prime north Texas mesquite forrest to clear for the new homestead. I had hoped to make Bartlesville last weekend but no luck. Recklaw is a must!

If anyone is in the area, drop in Wichita Valley airport to say hi! A good bunch of folks. Giddy up!

Bruce
Bruce Shipp
former owners of N49CP, '53 C170B
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Welcome Bruce, glad that you made it and are still kicking after going thru a move :lol: There is some fun flying planned for this Saturday. For breakfast we are either going to meet at Triple S, a private grass strip west of Ft Worth, and drive to a very good breakfast spot. Or, we are going to fly to Mineral Wells for a pancake breakfast. Then, we, three or four planes so far, are flying to the Southwest Regional Flyin in Abilene. If you are able to break away from the fun stuff of getting settled in, join us. There is not going to be an airshow at Abilene this year so we will have access to the runway to come and go when we want to. Whatever you do though, you are right not to miss Reklaw :idea:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
Rudy Mantel

Goodbye Canada, Hello Texas !

Post by Rudy Mantel »

All this talk of Texas flyins brought back some really old memories- when I was a flight instructor at Alamo Flyers, Stinson Field, San Antonio ( instructing in J-3's) WAY back in 1955-56. On weekends we often went on flying breakfasts at nearby towns- had a lot of fun- I guess some good things don't change !
Rudy