Cessna 170 Video?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

CAS

Cessna 170 Video?

Post by CAS »

I am planning on doing some restoration work on my C170A and have been looking around for ideas and pictures of original (ie. 1949) interiors - colours, trim, etc.

Being on the other side of the world I don't have many other C170s to look at "in the flesh" (there are only 5 I know of in Western Australia and about 18 in the whole of Australia) :( and I got to thinking :idea:

"wouldn't it be nice if there was a video of the C170"

Some time ago there was a discussion(?) about how the association's funds should be spent. Perhaps this would be a project for TIC170A (to produce a C170 video) that would be interesting and educational for C170 owners, prospective owners and pilots.

Things to include - exterior and interor shots of all years/models, interesting mods, aircraft in flight/formation, flyins, bush strip ops, things to look out for when buying a C170, examples of original colours, trim, etc. I'd like to see that limbo competition. C170s on floats and skis ....

Hey, maybe there would be enough material for 2 videos :!: :D

BTW: Have you noticed that the 170A is the only 170 model mentioned in our association's (short) title? TI C170A :lol: :lol:

David
C170A owner
Alterfede

Post by Alterfede »

The video idea is really great hope that is can be done some day, and hope that i can send a video cassete at least to be part of it with my C170A.
Kewl someone noticed that, i didnt figured it out!

Un abrazo

FEDE
sj

Post by sj »

I am involved in digital video production and would be willing to work on such a project, but I would need some organizational folks to round up the different airplanes, etc. It could be done very reasonably.

I am already working on a similar thing for super cubs.

sj
1952 170B
Steve Johnson
Lake Waukomis, MO
Email: Steve (at) Supercub (dot) Org
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

BTW: Have you noticed that the 170A is the only 170 model mentioned in our association's (short) title? TI C170A

I had noticed :wink:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX