baffle seals

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

frainiea

baffle seals

Post by frainiea »

I need to replace the seal around the top to the rear engine baffle, between baffle plate and the upper cowling. Any one know where I can get replacement material. It is a felt cord about the size of your thumb covered with a fabric material and "stapled" to the baffle plate. Any experiance with replacing it with the flat baffle material from a supplier like Aircraft Spruce??
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

From another post (buried in Stuck Valves topic):
AVIALL 800/284-2551
Cowl vent seal. 5/16" X 1-7/16", Neoprene impregnated heavy cloth sewn around a felt core. (Shaped somewhat like the head of a large computer programmer.) Installed with rivets or staples, and used around carb air intakes adn cowlings. PN VS6491 - Cowl Vent Seal.
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

gahorn wrote:From another post (buried in Stuck Valves topic):
AVIALL 800/284-2551
Cowl vent seal. 5/16" X 1-7/16", Neoprene impregnated heavy cloth sewn around a felt core. (Shaped somewhat like the head of a large computer programmer.) Installed with rivets or staples, and used around carb air intakes adn cowlings. PN VS6491 - Cowl Vent Seal.
Hey, I resemble that! That's pretty funny George, you are picking up speed! We might have a race after all. Election must have made folks really happy down there.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
frainiea

aviall did not have this part number

Post by frainiea »

I called Aviall and they did not have this part number? PN VS6491
frainiea

Called Aviall a second time

Post by frainiea »

I don't know what the problem was but I called Aviall a second time and got a different operator and had no trouble finding the part.

Thanks for the quick help