George, I can't log on at home. (Login/Forum Difficulties)

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Harold Holiman

George, I can't log on at home. (Login/Forum Difficulties)

Post by Harold Holiman »

George,

I have no trouble logging on the forum at this computer which is at my office. However, I cannot log on at the computer at home. The log on screen shows my name and when I put in my password nothing happens, it just shows the password box blank again without the stars. Is the forum set up where I can only log on from this computer which is where my e-mail address is, or should it accept my logon at the house which is on AOL?

Thanks,
Harold H
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I only moderate/manage this forum and do not manipulate the webserver. This forum's mechanics is supported by the host websight which is operated by the webmaster.
Any login problems should be addressed to: webmaster@cessna170.org
Please be as specific and informative as possible in your first email describing your difficulty. Thank you.
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

I log in from two computers!!! No have no problems. USUALLY!!!
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

I dumped all my cookies, and now must log in each time, even tho I check the little box that says to log me in automaticly.
It is the same computer, the same log in, the same name, etc but it will not set a new cookie.
Tom Downey A&P-IA
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

What operating system and version are you using?
What web browser and version?
What are your cookie preferences set to in the browser?
Was autologin working before you dumped your cookies?

Thanks for the info.

webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Re: George, I can't log on at home. (Login/Forum Difficultie

Post by webmaster »

Harold Holiman wrote: Is the forum set up where I can only log on from this computer which is where my e-mail address is, or should it accept my logon at the house which is on AOL?
It should accept your login from any computer.

Admin
jon s blocker

Post by jon s blocker »

I have attempted to put a "wanted" post on the Trademart 3 times last week, and it never appeared. I went through the webmaster route with no results. I don't know if this is a problem at my end or what.
sj

Post by sj »

You can use this test page to see if your browser is properly accepting PHP cookies. Even if your cookies are on, some versions of Internet Explorer do not accept PHP cookies such as those used by the phpBB forum system in use here. IE 5.0 is one of these versions.

http://www.chipchapin.com/WebTools/cookietest.php

Be sure to click "Your Results" which should all be "OK" if not, you may have some settings problems.

sj
1952 170B
Steve Johnson
Lake Waukomis, MO
Email: Steve (at) Supercub (dot) Org
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Harold, I had the same problem- I couldn't log on from my usual computer but could from another. I dumped all my Temporary Internet files (Windows/Temporary Internet) - there were thousands- and can now again log on from this computer.
Rudy
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

I'd like everybody who has been dumping cookies to send them to me instead. I like cookies. Chocolate chip are my favorite. Thanks in advance.

Eric
Gooney

Trouble logging on

Post by Gooney »

Hi There :) :)

I am unable to log on with my computer (Windows XP) out of 50 tries I will get on once and then when I go from one page to another I get bumped off. I have tried deleting everything and my cookie test is fine I am getting no where.

However on my son's Windows ME computer I log on first time and stay on the whole time. Have you other folk got XP, perhaps it is the higher security patch settings that XP has? :evil:

Lets have your comments.

Regards

Ian
PS My son doesn't think it is cool when I browse on his computer! :oops:
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Ian, delete all your temporary internet files (C:\Windows\Temporary Internet ) That should solve the problem. All those "cookies" etc. clog up your computer. Those chocolate chip ones that Eric loves will only clog up your arteries, but they're worth it.
Rudy
flyer170

Post by flyer170 »

I never met a cookie I didn't like :D except fig newtons :(
Bob
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Come to think of it, Ian probably calls cookies "bicuits". True, Ian ?
Rudy
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

I have XP at work and have no problems.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com