axles & steps available

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

zero.one.victor

axles & steps available

Post by zero.one.victor »

I saw an ad in the latest GA News for McFarlane (the seat rail people). They now offer boarding steps for 170/180/185 and "Alaska steel axles". No prices listed.

Eric
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

I just checked out the McFarlane website-- http://www.mcfarlane-aviation.com
The cabin steps they sell are made by Williams Aircraft,and sell for about $250 each. Johnny Williams of San Angelo Texas is a 170 Assn member,and advertises in the 170 news. I never noticed before that he sells steps.His ad lists the price for the steps at $250 also. Might as well buy direct from Johnny,that way the middleman doesn't have to take a cut.He sells some other 170 stuff also,as well as some Pacer stuff. He had a couple articles from the 170 News in The 170 Book and the SRAM book about modifying 170's with different engines,wings,panels,seats,etc. Sounds like a talented guy.
I think that XP Mods also sells and repairs cabin steps.
They don't say so,but the "steel Alaska axles" in the McFarlane ad might be made by Airframes Inc in Alaska. McFarlane lists them at about $375 each. Same comments re: middleman markup.
McFarlane's seat rails are listed at about $80 for the solid ones,and about $110 for the ones with holes.

Eric
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Johnny Williams advertises his phone number for business purposes in the Directory and several Aviation magazines, so I'm sure it's OK to list it here: 915/944-8558
flyguy

DUCOTE, TX

Post by flyguy »

Johnny Williams and his sons run a clean operation out there in Ducote, TX. He really treats his customers with a lot of added attention! I ordered an aileron from him a few years ago and when I opened the crate he had included some instructions on Texas style BBQ Briskett and his special 'sauce'! Since that time I have met him and one of the boys personally. I got to look at the 170 Hot Rod he owns. Saw son #1 at Wings over Houston a couple of years ago with the POLISHED Luscomb. WOW what a beauty! A very airplane oriented family that is a pleasure to do business with and to just 'plane' visit.