JPI EDM-700-6 with Fuel Scan

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

sj

Post by sj »

You are correct, simplicity is sometimes the best.

sj
1952 170B
Steve Johnson
Lake Waukomis, MO
Email: Steve (at) Supercub (dot) Org
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

zero.one.victor wrote:I'd rather spend my carefully hoarded money on (mo)gas & oil & hangar rent than on an engine monitor,it's all in what blows your skirt up...... Speaking of which,George,tell me how I can get this $8200 tax credit you're bragging about!

Eric
Talk to a good accountant/tax advisor. In my case, I use the airplane for legitimate business purposes and deduct those operating expenses, as well as depreciate the aircraft over a five-year period to a 20% residual value.
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Steve

If you do go for a fancy monitor look at the EI Ultimate first. I like it better. I think it's easier to use and can do more. The big reason I'm interested is that it packs a lot of information into one hole in a very limited panel space. You can put the digital tack lead in and display that for backup, OAT, Carb temp, fuel flow and a bunch else to look at on boring cross countries. I've had a lot of planes with the carb temp gauge and have found it to be of little use in detecting ice or anything else for that matter. I like a good accurate easy to read OAT for cross countries with takeoffs high and hot to get a good density altitude calculation. For me the fuel flow would be somewhat valuable because most of my flying is under twenty minutes duration and the fuel meter would be a good backup to the no take off range on the gauges or other methods mentioned. If you're at the stage where you might be "trading up" planes in the near future I wouldn't spend any more on the plane than you have to. I'm planning on having this plane a long time so I'm in the process of getting it exactly how I want it for maximum enjoyment and safety. It's only money anyway right?
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

post deleted