Photo ID

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyer170

Photo ID

Post by flyer170 »

Am I the last one to find out that you need to have a photo ID with you when acting as a pilot :oops: :?:
My son just read about it in Sport Aviation mag.
Rip Van Winkle Bob
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Must Be. 8O

I sure feel safer since the new rule was inacted. Don't think the terrorist can get photo ID. :wink:

Serioulsy if that makes the Feds happy with out spending ridiculous money on some new photo licence or worse. I'm only to happy to comply with something I've been doing for years since my photo was added to my drivers licence.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Don't kid yourselves about whether or not any of this "security" stuff is worthwhile. It all boils down to whether or not anyone with connections to the administration can make any money off a new rule, as to whether or not it gets implemented. Not a single rule yet imposed would have prevented 9-11. (On Thanksgiving Day alone, over 15,000 knives nationwide were confiscated by airport security from passengers attempting to board an airline. It is estimated that at least 3500 knives made it onboard anyway! That's just the knives.)
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

It's like Archie Bunker said years ago: to prevent hijackings,arm all the passengers--hand out the pistols as they file onboard,get 'em back at the other end. Simple!

Eric