Cub website

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

zero.one.victor

Cub website

Post by zero.one.victor »

I just been checking out the website that our new member Steve Johnson moderates--www.supercub.org
It's all about Cubs,not just Super Cubs but the others too. I have a hankering to own a Cub someday--something like an non-electric O-200 powered PA-11,hopefully an experimental like a WagAero Cubby. Just the thing for low & slow,& STOL places.
Anyway,it's a cool website. Laid out about like this one,only more forums. Some good discussions,even if you're not a Cubber.
Speaking of which,some of them guys are fanatics! Nitrous oxide,indeed! 8O
Check it out!

Eric
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Thanks I will as I also own a '45 Clipped Wing Cub.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
ak2711c

Post by ak2711c »

My first plane was a PA-11 with a Lycoming O-235 115hp. I learned to fly in it. Lots of fond memories, it was really a sweetheart. Only bad part was with the added weight of the engine, electrical system, and numerous other mods that a guy inevitably thinks he has to have it was a heavy bird. To the point were with just 30 minutes of fuel you could only be a 90 lb pilot :oops: . However we routinly filled both 18 gal tanks, put two of us in it and some gear and it flew great. just don't get ramp checked :roll:. I always figured that if I rebuilt it I would strip it down and make it really lite. But I ended up selling it to buy a supercub. Wish I still had it. I guess your first plane is like your first love you never get over it.
Shawn