Language (Topic split from Vacuum system discussion)

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

zero.one.victor

Language (Topic split from Vacuum system discussion)

Post by zero.one.victor »

Sounds like someone's inferring a lack of judgement and/or forethought on my part. However,bragging on one's "ability to fly between layers at night" in a single-engine piston-powered airplane to some might indicate a lack of judgement & forethought also! Must be nice to have that much (blind) faith in your equipment,especially when it's 50 years old!
Also,George,I understood that you are the moderator of this forum,not the censor. SOMEONE has been editing my recent post,and I'm guessing that it's you. I feel that my language was appropriate for this forum of adults (or near- adults,anyway!),and I don't appreciate someone else taking words out of my mouth & putting in astericks instead. You must lead a sheltered life if what I said offended you.

Eric
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Are you on the * Eric?(pun intended! George, he flies a ragwing, get it?)
*(Cessna-recommended fabric device used on windshields) :P

For myself, glad that the language was edited. The only people that have exhibited a need for special language have been very short men who are not sure of themselves, and drunk women :) . Short or tall, most people can get by with decent communications.

It does not read that George is inferring good or bad judgement, he is simply stating his opinion as you do. He has a right to fly IFR without being condemed, just as you have a right to stay VFR.

Let's lighten up, agree to disagree, and help each other enjoy and keep these great airplanes in the air.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
zero.one.victor

Joe,the first sentence of your post offended ME! George,how about some of your astericks now--get on it! :roll:
and Joe,I am a very short man,though the rest of your description doesn't apply.
You Texas boys are a lot more delicate than I would have thought. I hope ya never have to work in the construction industry,you'll spend a lot of time blushing. :)

Eric
bward

Post by bward »

zero.one.victor wrote: I hope ya never have to work in the construction industry,you'll spend a lot of time blushing.

Eric
Well, I'm gonna post this here, even though it ain't nothing to do with "HANGAR" or maintenance. I've worked in logging, construction, trucking etc., and for the last almost 30 years, machine shop. I've heard many words. I don't want my wife or kids to hear some of the stuff I've heard, ever. I don't want them to read it here either. It's just not necessary.
Perhaps we should only use words that could be found in any given Cessna publication; the POH, all SBs, parts manuals, etc.
O.K., that wouldn't work... We'd never have seen Gary's helpful posts about "peerows" or vice-grips. :lol:
BTW, here in NC, we'ah speel it : "asterisks"
Bryan
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

zero.one.victor wrote:Joe,the first sentence of your post offended ME! George,how about some of your astericks now--get on it! :roll:
and Joe,I am a very short man,though the rest of your description doesn't apply.
You Texas boys are a lot more delicate than I would have thought. I hope ya never have to work in the construction industry,you'll spend a lot of time blushing. :)

Eric
Eric, after I wrote that, I sure hoped you are a tall person.

Sometimes I get away from the computer without logging off. My 12 year old daughter and her 10 - 15 year old friends are all over the place. I've ran jack hammers, etc, and heard most of what can be heard on a construction site. It is not my eyes I would like to protect.

Wishing you and everyone else a Happy New Years Eve Eve!
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Re: Language (Topic split from Vacuum system discussion)

Post by GAHorn »

zero.one.victor wrote: Also,George,I understood that you are the moderator of this forum,not the censor. SOMEONE has been editing my recent post,and I'm guessing that it's you. I feel that my language was appropriate for this forum of adults (or near- adults,anyway!),and I don't appreciate someone else taking words out of my mouth & putting in astericks instead. You must lead a sheltered life if what I said offended you.

Eric
Yes, I am that SOMEONE. My actions were not intended to be surreptitious . I admit that it was I who "asterisked" the language. Don't feel unique in being the recipient of my attentions as I've done the same to one or two others over the last year. You have been more persistent than others in neglecting your vocabulary, however.
I haven't "censored" you. I neither changed the meaning of your message nor did I conceal the boorish nature of your choices. I only softened needless insult to more polite eyes. I had rather hoped you'd take the hint and allow yourself some degree of anonymity in that regard, but as you've centered everyone's attention on it, we might as well address the issue straight-on.
This is NOT an adult site. It is a family site. I hope my children and the children of others take an interest in Cessna 170's and if they do, they'll likely want to read these messages. Everyone: Please keep the language civil, polite, and suitable for children, ladies, and gentlemen.
zero.one.victor

OK boys,I'm over being on the ***,and am feeling properly chastised! :oops: Controlling my potty-mouth ( or typing finger) is on the top of my list of resolutions for 2003. Here's wishing blue skies & tailwinds to you all in 2003!

Eric
flyguy

DANGRABIT

Post by flyguy »

HEY IMA LIL PEE-OHED [NOT TO BE CORNFUSED WITH PEE-ROWED] THAT I DINT GIT TO SEE ERICS CUSS WORDS! HEK! I FEEL PLUM LEF OUT.

HEY GAYHORN, CUD YOU SEN ME THOSE NAUGHTY PARYGRAFS IN PRIVATE? I NEED A LITTLE TITTLE 8 TIN TO GIT ME OVER THESE WINTERTIME BLUES. HOWS A BOUT A VALYNTINES FLY-IN? MEMBER THOSE LIL GALS WITH THEM LIL RED SANYCLAWS BIKINIS WE SAW? MAYBE YOU COULD HIRE THEM TO JUMP OUT OF A CAKE AN SIT ON OUR LAPS! OOPS IMA PROBLY GONNA GIT THE AXTERICKS :oops:
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

If Deenie finds out what you just wrote, you're jus' gonna get the AX! :lol: