Facebook Group

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Polar_Flyer

Facebook Group

Post by Polar_Flyer »

Check out the new Cessna 170 facebook group "Cessna 170"! This will allow for the sharing of interesting C170 photos and videos!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=222968811306
blueldr

Re: Facebook Group

Post by blueldr »

So Far -----???????????????????
BL
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Zach
A nice start :) That's a nice plane in the pic's, would that be yours?

This is a rather interesting pair-up,"Face Book" and a "C-170". I don't know much about Face Book but then I remember Richard Nixon as "Tricky Dick". When I think of Face Book I think of say anyone under 30 years old, which does not automaticly lend to thinking about a 50+ year old plane but hey anything that promotes GA and can get younger people excited about flying is GREAT!!!!!!! I will pass this on to my son.

Go for it :)

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Isn't FaceBook and Twitter ...simply the X-generation's version of "It's All About ME!" ???? (What a bunch of bored people.) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

gahorn wrote:Isn't FaceBook and Twitter ...simply the X-generation's version of "It's All About ME!" ???? (What a bunch of bored people.) :lol:
Twitter isn't for me, but I find that Facebook is really about keeping track of friends and family, seeing what they're doing through photos, commenting on what they're up to, and letting them see and know what you're doing. There are lots of silly bells and whistles that I mostly ignore, because they're for the younger crowd that mostly use facebook. But older people are using it too, for the reasons above. I find more of my high school classmates have joined every time I go looking for them. If one of your younger relatives invites you to be their friend on Facebook, by all means, join! I don't think you'll be sorry.
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

gahorn wrote:Isn't FaceBook and Twitter ...simply the X-generation's version of "It's All About ME!" ???? (What a bunch of bored people.) :lol:
From the eyes of a younger generation our forum is boring with a bunch of boring people I'd suspect.

I don't twitter and don't think I ever will. I think for the most part texting is dumb. I don't use Facebook and don't think I ever will. I feel this way because to this point I haven't seen the need for these making my life more complex. I recognize that these like our forum are just different ways to communicate and I wonder how many ways to communicate do I need in my life. So I'm dragging my feet a little and resisting. I've even been known to call texting, Twitter and Facebook stupid. But I shouldn't. They are just not for me because I haven't seen the need,... yet.

I remember how wonderful and fascinating it was when we got a NEW modular telephone which allowed, OH BOY, a 20 foot receiver cord. We could communicate from anywhere in the room. Remember those good old days walking from corner to corner in the room with that receiver holding a conversation at the same time. I'll bet George remembers even before that and he's digging in hard on his heals with any new way to communicate. :D
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
n3437d

Post by n3437d »

Yeah, and I bet you really jumped for joy when you were able to replace that cotton string that connected one can to the other, with Hi-tech Nylon

I was watching an old movie a few weeks back and the dude in the car had portable phone that looked like it weighed about 5 pounds.

Personally I prefer smoke signals or carrier pigeon

Joel
N3437D
Visitors are more than welcome. Stop by and say hello.
timberstone

Post by timberstone »

Personally I prefer smoke signals or carrier pigeon
Joel N3437D
Agreed, if also including telegraph and written epistles -- what could be more civilized?
Polar_Flyer

Post by Polar_Flyer »

The Alaska C170 photos are great! The other C170 is out of Centennial airport in Denver. This is starting out great with 11 members already! Keep spreading the word.
learaviator

Post by learaviator »

Great idea I joined today and sent one pic for now.
"You can only tie the record for flying low"
1950 170A N9907A 180hp. STOL
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Just joined....no photos. Jan has been a member for some time. Just got my own, This is a wonderfull idea!.....Brad