Installing manifold pressure gauge

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

russfarris

Installing manifold pressure gauge

Post by russfarris »

Hi George, it's good to see you back on line...I hope everything is well with your family.

Last summer, you talked about installing an MP gauge on your airplane. After listening to your usual compelling arguments, I ordered the same unit from AC Spruce. Of course, it doesn't come with any hookup hardware.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you post what fittings and so forth you used? I've got the IPC with the PNs for the installation, but I'm sure the PN for the line itself is obsolete. If you have any additional info or hints, that would be super! See you, Russ Farris
All glory is fleeting...
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I used AeroQuip 306 hose and 471 fittings from Aircraft Spruce. I went through the firewall with an AN832 bulkhead fitting and AN924 nut. I attached it all to the right intake manifold with an AN816 nipple. 1/8" sizes are all just fine.
I ran the hose forward from the manifold a few inches, then turned it 180-degrees downward and aft towards the firewall, securing it with adel clamps and tiewraps. Leave enough slack to allow for engine movement.
russfarris

Post by russfarris »

Thanks George, that's exactly the information I needed! I'm happy to hear you Dad is doing better...Russ Farris
All glory is fleeting...