170 Association Calendars

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

do you want a 170 Assn calendar,and have you let the Assn know?

yes
94%
no
6%

Total votes: 18

zero.one.victor

170 Association Calendars

Post by zero.one.victor »

I just got my March Flypaper in the mail today. I see on the front page they are asking if anyone would be interested in seeing the Association put out a calendar for next year. Who sez they don't listen ?
Anyone who would like to see this happen needs to let the Association Board know they're in favor of the idea. the Flypaper sez to just email HQ with your response.
headquarters@cessna170.org

Eric
Last edited by zero.one.victor on Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

That's an interesting little turn of events given the fact that the minutes from last year's Board of Director's Meeting (in the 4Q 2002 170 News) lists the subject as being dropped. No explanation, just dropped. I, for one, would love for the Association to produce a calendar and will definitely let them know that.

Thanks for the head's up!
Doug
zero.one.victor

OK everybody else,the Assn Board probably isn't gonna go ahead with producing calendars unless they see an interest in them from us members.So if you'd like to see an Assn calendar,email Velvet at Assn HQ. There was a lot of interest expressed a few months ago when this was discussed,let's follow thru on it now that we have the oportunity to make it happen.
Thanks.

Eric
zero.one.victor

Have you folks interested in 170 Assn calendars for next year emailed the Assn HQ with your favorable comments yet? It won't happen unless we let them know how we feel! Let's get it done!

Eric
N170BP

Post by N170BP »

OK, you shamed me into it....

I just kicked off an e-mail saying I'd like to see a calendar.
Said I'd be willing to pay $15-$20 bucks for one.

Next time us NW/Puget Sound folks get together Eric, let's
all bring our cameras so we can go up and get some air-to-air
shots of everybody's bird (everybody take pictures & then trade
negatives later).

Bela P. Havasreti
'54 C-170B N170BP
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Negatives? How bout cds'? Can you guys wait untill May and I'll join you. Or maybe we'll just have to do it over.
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
N170BP

Post by N170BP »

CDs will work of course. I need to get with the program and
get a digital camera.... What with our weather these days, it
looks like we won't be able to do something like this until
spring anyway! Give us a holler when you migrate northward.

Bela P. Havasreti
'54 C-170B N170BP
zero.one.victor

Hey Dave,how about a Stuart Island 170 get-together and picnic? It wouldn't be nothing special to you,but the rest of us would get a kick out of it. It's sure a neat place to fly in to--pretty "exotic" (for lack of a better word) for those of us who are based at paved,ho-hum strips.

Eric
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

Eric
I like the idea. Maybe even a shrimp feed as our part of a potluck style? We'll work on it when we get up late May. I'd have to keep it to 170s only so the neighbors don't get overwhelmed.
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
zero.one.victor

I see that the survey or question about who would be interested in a 170 calendar is on the front page of the April Flypaper,just like the March issue. I contacted Velvet today at headquarters to ask her how what kind of feedback they've received--she told me 20 positive responses and zero negatives.
If that's all the response they're gonna get,I guess we can forget about seeing any official Association calendars! Has everyone here responded to the survey? We better get with the program if we ever want to see those calendars!
Or are you content with the usual hardware store or farm supply calendar?

Eric
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Big-Time DITTO! C'mon folks, how about showing some support for the calendars (if you haven't already). A quick email is all it takes. I, for one, truly enjoyed seeing a 170 in this year's Aviation Classics calendar, but would rather see one EACH MONTH in our OWN calendar! Just think about it.... 12 twelve months of C170s... C170s on skis, C170s on floats, C170s over mountains, over oceans, C170s on the ramp being lovingly caressed by bikini clad women... er, oops. :twisted:

Anyway, let's see some support for the calendars!
Doug
N170BP

Post by N170BP »

*Now* yer talkin'! 12 months worth of "Pacific Flyer" style
shots of sweet things posing next to 170s of all shapes & forms.

I hereby volunteer some ramp space, free "real" beer & hospitality
for the photo shoot <grins>.

Bela P. Havasreti
'54 C-170B N170BP
Bill Venohr

Post by Bill Venohr »

Maybe this type of photo shoot could be an event at the annual convention. It would certainly encourage "participation". On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't be such a good idea......
Bill Venohr
N4044V
Aurora, CO
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

I think that's a good idea. It seems that we get an awfully small percentage of the members at the convention. With almost 1200 planes in the membership, we only seem to get 3%-5% at the convention. Maybe a calendar photo-op would entice a few more attendees???
Doug
R COLLINS

Post by R COLLINS »

I have a theory on the amount of participation at the Conventions. I hope I'm speaking for others that don't want to come out and say it, but the schedule of events plus all of the travel (gas,motels,meals,etc) expenses are too much for 95% of the members to swallow. I would think that the 3 to 5 percent that attend are probably the fortunate ones that make 6 digits a year. A rough estimate that I penciled out to get to Wilmington from Texas and back and attend one event per day with my wife would be about $1300.00. I would like to see more events centrally located, I could just imagine how much it would cost Eric to get to N.C. or Rudy to make Ca. next year. I'm not saying that the format should be changed, believe me I long for the day I can make one, but there is alot to be said about grass root fly-ins like Dave Mason's that generally attracts over 300 planes. The last time I looked he did not charge a registration fee. :lol: My 2 cents worth! Randal N1745D