Motion sickeness ReliefBand

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

vmoura

Motion sickeness ReliefBand

Post by vmoura »

Does anyone have any experience with the ReliefBand? I have
read the articles on Avweb, but am curious to hear any comments from
users.
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Yes, a RV builder's wife here at GPM had air sickness on the airlines so he bought one for her and it worked great. After hearing that, I bought one for my 12 year old daughter who has always been airsick and we have never found anything to provide relief. Now she does not ever want to land (she is having too much fun flying) and she can even wait till she gets air sick, turn the relief band on, and the sickness goes away almost instantly. Can't till you for sure that it will work for everyone, but it works great for Billy's wife and my daughter. I bought ours thru Sportys for $100+ and was telling a guy at work about it. His wife also has troubles flying on the airlines so he bought one for her. He's smarter than I am and searched on ebay and found them in the $60 range at different places.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
JDH

Post by JDH »

I bought one for my son a couple of years ago and it worked real good. I lent it to my uncle's wife going for chemotherapy and she's been real happy to relieve the nausea with it; her doctors had not seen it before (Canada, you know). I got it when they were more expensive, saw them this morning on AVWEB for $60. JD
susang777

Post by susang777 »

Dr. Andrew Weil highly recommends use of wristbands with pressure point stimulation. Another thing he says works really well is ginger, in the form of candied ginger, particularly. This will work before, during, and after the activity to prevent and cure motion sickness.
-Susan
N3440D
55 170B
TIC170A Member