B.A.S. Tail Pull Handle

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

jlwild

B.A.S. Tail Pull Handle

Post by jlwild »

Ole Pokey, aka Frank, on another forum discussion mentioned intalllation of the BAS Tail Pull Handle. BAS has been very generous to the 170 Association and normally makes available parts for the Convention Auctions. At the 2011 San Diego Convention I was also the lucky bidder for a Pull Handle. However, having been in and out of the tail cone over the years, this time I decided to let the local Cartersville, GA repair shop make the installation in my plane. So I talked to Lance McAfee (Southland Aviation) and we ageed if I R & R'd the back seat and aft baggage panel he could do the complete installation in two hours 8O And, He Did :!: Total cost, including paper work, was $162.50. 8)

The key point Frank mentioned was raising the tail up to make it easier to crawl in and out of the tail cone. Also, I elected, like Frank and others, to make the installation with the approved #6-32 x 3/8" stainless machine screws. Southland Aviation did an excellent job and after reinstalling the back seat and baggage panel, I was quickly back in the air. And moving the plane in and out was so easy :D I love my B.A.S. Tail Pull Handle :D :D

If you are near Cartersville and need any type of airframe repair, give Lance a call. His website is http://www.southlandaviation.com
Last edited by jlwild on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Wildharber, Kennesaw, GA
Past President TIC170A (2010-12) and Georgia Area Representative
'55 170B, N3415D, SN:26958, O-300D; People's Choice '06 Kelowna, B.C., Best Modified '07 Galveston, TX, Best Modified '08 Branson, MO.
bagarre

Re: B.A.S. Tail Pull Handle

Post by bagarre »

I love my tail pull handles and the folks over at BAS are real nice work with.
Mine was missing the STC paperwork when I bought the plane. Within two emails, BAS was mailing me a new copy of the purchase paperwork.
Nice folks.
rdelhaye

Post by rdelhaye »

I am looking for the BAS Pull Handles for our 170B. Can anyone tell me how to contact them? I do not have their phone number or where they are located. Do they work well?
Rick
Paul-WI

Post by Paul-WI »

http://www.basinc-aeromod.com/

Here is the link to the website. Quality products from a quality company.

Paul
Paul
N3458D
canav8

Post by canav8 »

Paul-WI wrote:http://www.basinc-aeromod.com/

Here is the link to the website. Quality products from a quality company.

Paul
I will second that! D
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
Bramlett

Post by Bramlett »

Single person ground ops would be very difficult with my hangar situation without the BAS tail pull.

I'd love to have a tailwheel transporter thing but their website doesn't mention the 170 as being compatible.
Regards,

Patrick

Stable fall, face down, frog modified