GROUNDED

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

dacker wrote:I just got home after doing a bajillion T&Gs and was amazed at the degradation of this web site... kind of reminds me of my Navy days! Anyhow... the reason the high vis orange airplanes had a high rate of occupying the same position in space and time with other airplanes is because they were AIR FARCE airplanes. My beloved NAVAL helicopters had high vis orange all over and we never hit other aircraft (no matter how hard we tried!) . It has been said by less skillfull aviators that we repel everything around us, including the earth, but that is just pure jealousy! 8)
David
Yeah, but to keep those orange Navy guys out of mid-airs...they had to send most of you all out to sea! :wink:
(And I agree with you about the latest turn of events on this site, ol' "down from Chuck" will have to change his address to up-chuck.)

Hey, UpChuck!! I've been to that place, and I agree! Those are great burgers. (Right in downtown Ft. Smith, right? Lots of curios/antiques on the walls, and the hottest damn hot-sauce on the planet in plastic squeeze bottles? Tuong Ot Sriracha brand (Thailand?), with a rooster on the bottle? First place I'd ever seen it. Kept a bottle in the 'fridge ever since.)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

It's HOT. DAMN HOT! (and it's red!) :lol:
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Yhea, that's some HOT hot sauce alright! But, not the hottest! The hottest is at a BBQ place about 28 miles SW of there. He has HOT, HOTTER, and then the good stuff that is homemade with an imported ingredient. Only had the HOTTER myself because I watched a guy eat the good stuff, after bragging that there was no such thing as hot sauce to him, he still ain't right. And, he's still drinking all the liquids that he can. It's way out in the country, outside of Poteau (That's like "my Poo Toe" for the northern fliers.) on the East side of the highway, looks like a pig farm, but lots of trucks and cars parked there during eaten time. The guys pretty smart, the only liquids available are out of an expensive soda machine. After you have some of his sauce he is standing there with a bunch of change for you if you would like to purchase some. He does try to talk everybody out of doing the good stuff, except for those that brag. He dissappears to the back and comes back out to the front for those special people with the good stuff. The buddy that had the good stuff is still broke from getting so much change.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
dacker

Post by dacker »

The only true way to measure how hot a sauce is, occurs the second time it passes through! :twisted:
David
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

OK. That's it. If this thread doesn't change direction, I'm going to lock it and/or delete it. :roll: :wink: (grin, sorta..)
mrpibb

Post by mrpibb »

You got to try the " Tuong ot toi" It is the paste version I belive, comes in a jar again with that devilish rooster on it!! Anyway I like it with my eggs in the mornin. :wink: It's a flavorful hot, not acid hot.
Vic
N2609V
48 Ragwing
A Lanber 2097 12 gauge O/U Sporting
A happy go lucky Ruger Red label 20 ga
12N Aeroflex
Andover NJ
http://www.sandhillaviation.com

" Air is free untill you have to move it" BB.
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Ya gottat try Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers and sauces. Great flavor and super hot. Delicious with all meats ! If you're down in south Florida I'll give you some-
Rudy