Stuck Door Latch

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ron74887

Re: Stuck Door Latch

Post by ron74887 »

David, good question but as I did on the engine change using Cessna's data that Cessna changed the 172 from the O-300-A to the O-300-C,D, & E Series engines with the 6 bolt prop. It was logical that it would be the same on the 170. ( The FAA could not argue the point). I installed the latches on mine but, haven't looked at paperwork or what I did was any different than what Cessna did to the doorpost when they changed over to the new style latch. I would think we did the same thing they did (to make it fit and work) and the doorpost modification was approved by their certification of the model year it was installed from the factory. I am reading this and hope it is a clear as mud-- I know what I am trying to say just not sure it came out the way everyone can understand. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ron
President 86-88
53 C170-B N74887, people choice 2003, Best original B 2007
46 7BCM champ N2843E Rebuilding stage
Cajun Connection way down south, most of you are yankees to me!
bagarre

Re: Stuck Door Latch

Post by bagarre »

This thread should probably be split as we are way off the original topic.
And to take it further off topic...

In the 152 style door latches, there are two tiny little springs that hold the outside door latch closed.
How on Earth do you get those back in???

I took my latches apart to clean/inspect everything and now I can't figure out how to get those two little springs back in place :cry: