Need Simple LIST of AD's C170

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

MoonlightVFR

Need Simple LIST of AD's C170

Post by MoonlightVFR »

I am having annual performed.

Mech has never done a C 170 before.

I have complete logs and files however you reallly have to search for AD compliance .

I found a post on site link ref to FAA- I visited - too many words!

We would like to generate a SIMPLE list on a file card that is comprehesive to a C 170B w 0-300 C engine.

Most of the AD letters I rec in mail from FAA do not apply to my A/C
and gets tossed. How about you?

I don't feel AD organized w/o a List.

Could anyone who has a comprehensive AD list specific to C 170 share the same. I would certainly appreciate help.
gradyb, '54 B N2890C
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Your mechanic should be able to generate this "simple" list. If he can't he probably can't be doing your annual inspection either. I'm not trying to be smart here it's a fact. Your IA needs to have a way to generate a current list of applicable ADs. If he doesn't he can't do an annual inspection.

Most IAs today have this as a subscription service through CDs or some other method and a computer. It is a simple proceedure to search this data base for a list and print it.

BTW you will need to know what appliances you have installed such as make, model and serial number of your carb., mags and prop so the search turns up those ADs as well.

BTW do you have an approval for the 0300C engine and propellor which is not covered on the TCDS. Another piece of paper you should have to come up with. If you don't we have a solution for that as well.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com