Interesting afternoon

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

bradbrady

Interesting afternoon

Post by bradbrady »

Well I had an intersting afternoon. The Livingston Co. Sheriff just left the shop. At noon while I was in for lunch I got a call from a real estate agent from Ca. looking for Mike Shafer at my address (she back looked my address for my phone number). We talked a bit and decided that she was getting scamed. (she thought that I would have a problem with taking a contract for a horse farm in Ca.) I got thinking I got scamed on an aircraft I was trying to sell two months ago. So I printed the emails that were sent to me and went into my local cop-shop. (I archive anything that I deem important) when I get there Vicky (the secetary) who Knows me, says arn't you from around Campus? We just got a call from Wi. that someone is buying a boat using (as it turns out my address, not my name). I can't figure out what use someone has with my address while on a phishing exposition! But some of you Geeks out there may have an answer that I would like, along withh the Livingston Co. Sheriff! Thanks in advance for any answers!!!!!
brad
KMac

Post by KMac »

Hey Brad,
You probably already thought of this but.... I understand you can put a flag on your credit report through the credit reporting companies that will notify you when people are trying to get credit with your I.D. I hope they get caught.
Good luck,
Kevin