Under the LH Topics icon

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Showboatsix

Under the LH Topics icon

Post by Showboatsix »

I see that sometimes the circle thingy with what looks like an email in it under the "topics" header on the LH side, some are scrolling, why is that? When you place the mouse on it, it says"No New Posts", Even though I have read them it still scrolls.

Just wondering....
Last edited by Showboatsix on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAO, Aurora Oregon
Hanger 26
56' C-172, With Conventional Gear Conversion
S/N 28963
N6863A
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Under the LH Topics icon

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

I have yet to figure them out myself. I've looked to no avail in the help section as well.

Since I check the forum at least 6 times a day on average, I view the new post since my last visit and open and read all the threads that show up.

This works pretty well except on those days at work where I'm exceptionally bored and check the forum about every 15 minutes. On those days viewing the new posts since last visit and knowing the last time I looked at the forum, I can quickly scan the last post time in each thread to see if there really is a new post since my last visit.

I'm pretty confident very few posts get past me.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
170C

Post by 170C »

Bruce, we don't want you to get bored so here is one new post for you----------I hope you and Teresa have a nice Thanksgiving & keep the shiny side up on that 170 & the whirlebird :D
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
Bruce Fenstermacher

Thanks Frank. Just returned from a flight to Philadelphia then to a hospital between Newark and Morristown in NJ. then reverse course. Nice day to watch the autopilot fly the helicopter.

So this is only the second time today I've checked the forum but at 14:00 the day is early. :)

flyguy

Post by flyguy »

170C wrote:Bruce, we don't want you to get bored so here is one new post for you----------I hope you and Teresa have a nice Thanksgiving & keep the shiny side up on that 170 & the whirlebird :D
RE RHAT 170 - - HIT AINT GOTS NOE SHIENEY SIDES !!!Image
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy wrote:RE RHAT 170 - - HIT AINT GOTS NOE SHIENEY SIDES !!!Image
Gar I took that as a figure of speech rather than literally. I've worked pretty hard the last few years watching that oil slick build up from the firewall to the tail wheel and I'm sure Frank wasn't trying to insult me. :lol:

ronjenx

Post by ronjenx »

Showboatsix wrote:I see that sometimes the circle thingy with what looks like an email in it under the "topics" header on the LH side, some are scrolling, why is that? When you place the mouse on it, it says"No New Posts", Even though I have read them it still scrolls.

Just wondering....
The icon on the left begins to scroll at 25 replies, classifying it as a "Hot Topic".
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

N9149A wrote: Gar I took that as a figure of speech rather than literally. I've worked pretty hard the last few years watching that oil slick build up from the firewall to the tail wheel and I'm sure Frank wasn't trying to insult me. :lol:
SHORE SORRY BOUT FERGITIN THE SHEINEY SIDE ON URES IS THU BELLY. DURN ITSA HEK TU BE AFLIKTED WITH AADDUMASSSImage
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
Showboatsix

Post by Showboatsix »

Ah HA!....... and the light bulb is lit!

Thanks
UAO, Aurora Oregon
Hanger 26
56' C-172, With Conventional Gear Conversion
S/N 28963
N6863A
Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy wrote:SHORE SORRY BOUT FERGITIN THE SHEINEY SIDE ON URES IS THU BELLY. DURN ITSA HEK TU BE AFLIKTED WITH AADDUMASSSImage
Ya know he did say shiny side up didn't he :?:

For some reason I had belly up on my mind. :cry:

Bruce Fenstermacher

ronjenx wrote:The icon on the left begins to scroll at 25 replies, classifying it as a "Hot Topic".
Well I'm not sure if it's a hot topic or not at 25 replies. More likely we've run on so much we've reached the point of exchanging recipes. :lol:

I've noticed some of the icons also have stars which may mean the the person logged in and viewing has posted to the thread, but I don't know this for sure.

lowNslow

Post by lowNslow »

If you go to the link at the very bottom of all the pages - phpBB - it takes you to the site for this bulliten board program and has more info then you want to know, but I still could not find anything about the icons in question. There are many "styles" of the program you can select from so it may be hidden in one of the style sections.
Karl
'53 170B N3158B SN:25400
ASW-20BL