A PILOT GETS HOME LATE…

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

cessna170bdriver

A PILOT GETS HOME LATE…

Post by cessna170bdriver »

He left home about 8:30 a.m. to do some work in his hanger at the airport with his friends. On the way out the door he answered his wife's "what time will you be home?" question with "probably about 1:30, I'll have lunch at the airport."

1:30 came & went, 3:00 passed, 6:15, still not home, finally at about 7:00 pm he rolls in the driveway, and presents his wife with a pizza, and begins the apologetic story:

“I finished cleaning the plane about 11:30, had lunch, and I started home, when alongside the road I saw this attractive girl with a flat tire on her car. I stopped to help, got the tire changed, and looked around for a place to wash my hands. She offered money, but I refused, so she suggested that I at least allow her to buy me a beer. She said there's a tavern just up the road, and they have a restroom, you can clean up a bit. I agreed to stop, we had a beer, then another beer, then a couple more, and I realized that this girl was not only pretty, she was very friendly, and a good companion to spend time with. Before I knew it, we were having a rendezvous in the motel next door. And that is why I am so late getting home.”

His wife looked him right in the eye and said "Don't lie to me; you went flying, didn’t you?
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
canav8

Re: A PILOT GETS HOME LATE…

Post by canav8 »

thats a good one!
52' C-170B N2713D Ser #25255
Doug
bsdunek

Post by bsdunek »

My Wife would say the same thing! :lol:
Bruce
1950 170A N5559C
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

If I would've said "about 1:30, I'll have lunch at airport", mine would have brought me lunch at the airport :D
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

I recently bought a project plane 100 KM from my home base and I had been wondering how to tow the fuselage back home. A friend mentioned my dilemma to a pal of his and before I knew it two nights ago I was in his pals truck on my way to get it. My friend mentioned that he was in his pals wife's bad books because he was getting his pal out to either go flying or involved in retrieving aircraft. On the way out to the plane I wanted to ensure i could reimburse these guys for their efforts so I asked what I owed them. My friend said all I had to do was sleep with his pal's wife! I thought was pretty funny until I later asked what I owed again and his pal said I thought we had a deal!!!!
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Here's the hoist
DSC01897.JPG
Beware of getting in to a simular sit-u-ation.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Del,
You Arkies really know how to train 'em!
BL
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Miles

I let my wife read this one.....she says she would have said....."Good for you dear, are you going again tomorrow"........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
wingnut

Post by wingnut »

blueldr wrote:Del,
You Arkies really know how to train 'em!
They are supposed to already be trained when we gett'em :wink: :lol:

Miles,
I'm not letting my wife read this one, and ruin a good thing :wink:
Del Lehmann
Mena, Arkansas
hungstart

Post by hungstart »

I read this and said, "someone has been watching us at the airport". When I got to the last line I said, "I know they are watching us now".
Rick
N170MB