Convention flight

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

edbooth

Re: Convention flight

Post by edbooth »

jlwild wrote:Ed,

Bruce is correct ! Lolly and I are planning on flying N3415D to the convention. :D :D :D There is even a rumor that Scott and Ann Barland will fly their totally restored 1953 B model to the convention from Georgia 8) . Their plane is beautiful 8O .

If all goes well, we all might meet up at the Artesia, NM "A Whoop Tee Do" stop over hosted by Stephen Brinderio and the Benedict's on July 8th. 8) Now if Bruce and Teresa feel adventurous and up to it for the "Long Distance" award they could try flying from eastern PA :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats great, I'm glad that someone has finally gotten the Barlands to finally get that plane out of the hangar ! :D . I think we are leaving around July 1 with a first stop in Cabool, MO. It's a little out of the way but not much. Then on to NM for the whoop-de-do then probably the southern route over El Paso and along the border...maybe we can help spot illegals :D
Ed Booth, 170-B and RV-7 Driver
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

edbooth wrote:......maybe we can help spot illegals :D
If all goes according to plan....the ILLEGAL will be in formation with me....OL' GAR plans to form up for the journey! :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
170C

Post by 170C »

If as many of us are able to get to Artesia as it looks like we will TSA, Homeland Security, Border Patrol, ICE, FBI, CIA, etc. will probably think we are an invasion force and send black helicopters & F-16's to check us out. Wouldn't that be a hoot :mrgreen:
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

gahorn wrote:
edbooth wrote:......maybe we can help spot illegals :D
If all goes according to plan....the ILLEGAL will be in formation with me....OL' GAR plans to form up for the journey! :lol:

What's Ol' Gar flying? Has he cleaned the empty St Pauli Girl bottles out that were no doubt deposited in the back seat after consumption while he sat in the front making airplane noises cause that plane surely doesn't run. 8O Next thing we'll hear Paul Wood will be your right flank in the V formation. :twisted:
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com