170 Winners at Oshkosh

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

cessna170bdriver

170 Winners at Oshkosh

Post by cessna170bdriver »

8) 8) Congratulations to members Patrick Phillips of London, Ontario whose 1949 Cessna 170A, CFLWF won a Bronze Lindy in the 81-150hp category, and Nelson and Jan Sundby (Suppliers of all TIC170A apparel and accessories :wink: ) of Stoughton, Wisconsin whose 1954 Cessna 170B, N1864C won a Bronze Lindy for Best Custom. 8) 8)

My apoligies if I missed anyone. All 2011 award winners are listed here.
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
rhymes

Re: 170 Winners at Oshkosh

Post by rhymes »

Thank you for posting that news, Miles... Congratulations to all those who worked so hard and made the effort to be at Oshkosh... especially with their 170's!
I can't help but think that Bobby Jack will be happy to see this listing:

Returning Grand Champion
Rand Maiville, Onondaga, Michigan
Cessna O-1G Birddog, N16886

(TIC170A Member Bobby Jack Woolley is the author of "The Bird Dogs' Tale", and a proud 170 Owner...)
Bruce & Kathy Rhymes
1954 Cessna 170B
N2865C
DWood

Post by DWood »

Also this beautiful 1952 170B N207EC from Maine was at AirVenture 2011
Attachments
P1010218.JPG
Glenn

Post by Glenn »

There were some nice 170s up there at KOSH. I went up there with full inentions of meeting as many 170 owners as I could. Unfortunately, our generator gve up on us on the last leg into Airventure. We started losing our intercom and our radios on the downwind for 27. Tim and I spent the better part of three days trying to source parts and sending various generators out for rebuild in order to have electrons flowing through the plane for the flight home. Although I didn't get to relax as much as I would have liked because of our mechanical issues, my faith and overall respect for the aviation community as a whole has been reaffirmed thanks in large part to the folks of EAA chapter 75 who volunteer in the emergency repair area. Cy and Ron were invauleable, patient, and extremely helpfull while hauling us to the generator shop (twice) and helping us get our ailing bird back in the air when we finally had to bite the bullet and install a shiny new Alt conversion in the plane.

Some of you may have seen our sick bird in the repair area...
I must like the classics. All of my vehicles are older than I am.

Looking for a 1/3 partner in my '48 170. PM for details