lakevue or atlee folding seats?

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

terryg3454

Re: lakevue or atlee folding seats?

Post by terryg3454 »

marathonrunner wrote:I didnt know people could really be 5' 9" and 150 lbs...?

Run a couple marathons or ultras and you can. I think I have done Boston 7 times and countless others. We have one up here I did twice called the Susitna 100. Look it up, it is bike, ski or run across frozen Alaska on snow machine trails. It is 100 miles and mmost people who do it think running is the most insane of the three disciplines. I was only going to do it once but when we traveled to South Africa, we stayed at a place in the Drakensburg in the town of Underburg called Khotso Horse Trails. The owner Steve Black had a book on extreme running in the arctic. He wanted to do the one from Whitehorse to Dawson. I told him he was crazy and to come up and just do this one. He did and talked me into doing it again. We both came in second out of like 16 runners for the race.

He also had to go into Lesotho which is a small kingdom inside South Africa while we were there to make accomadation for some kids for some organization that likes to help people in developing countries. Not wanting to drive there because of the road conditions, he asked me to run over there with him. It was an experience not to be forgotten including having to umm get past customs both ways without passports. Another story we had them but they were closed going over and open coming back..65K in one day up a mountain and down both ways and the scenery was unbelivable as were the structures of stone that you would never see unless you went on the trails.

I asked him about taking water to drink and he told me "we just dip in streams" I asked about giardia and he told me they train their animals not to ummm poo in the streams like they did in America. In fact he got sick on a kayak race from the Great Lakes to New York harbour one year doing just that.

No pain, no gain
How do you both come in second? wouldnt one of you be third?
bigrenna

delete

Post by bigrenna »

delete
Last edited by bigrenna on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twlareau

Post by twlareau »

Very nice install, keep the updates coming. :D
FredMa

Post by FredMa »

He used to have a link to his website but now that he is one of those 180 elitist, he doesn't post it here.
Ryan Smith

Post by Ryan Smith »

He took it down because he was reworking the blog site, not so much because of being an elitist. Judging by how quickly the updates are coming on BCP, I think work is either going slow, or he's too engrossed in it to take a bunch of pictures.
bigrenna

delete

Post by bigrenna »

delete
Last edited by bigrenna on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FredMa

Post by FredMa »

I figured that would get a rise out of you. Yes, it is alot of work but appears to be coming along very nicely. The end result is all that matters, not how long is takes.
bigrenna

delete

Post by bigrenna »

delete