1957 Cessna 170 restoration

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

skyprop

1957 Cessna 170 restoration

Post by skyprop »

Hallo I have a "new" 1957 Cessna 170 B to be restored in the next future in the original livery.If you have original paint scheme drawing,pictures about internal and external, any type of information about colours and size,will be very appreciated! Thank you to everybody for your help.
bigrenna

delete

Post by bigrenna »

delete
Last edited by bigrenna on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: 1957 Cessna 170 restoration

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Stefano, assuming the '57 was (and I believe them to be) from the '56 production year, then you can find color combinations in the Illustrated Parts Manual (IPC). I also mentioned to you in private that we have pictures of what we believe to be two color combinations on the forum found here: http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewtop ... =31&t=9368, and in the next 170 News will be a third (I just added these pictures to the forum). Looks like there was two different blues a red and gold all used with white or 4 different schemes. There where two interior schemes and three different colors used in pairs of two. If you are lucky your airplane while have a finish & trim label in the door jam with a code that can be deciphered using the IPC.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com