Cessna Supplied Pilot Seat Inertia Reel

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

johnsunday

Cessna Supplied Pilot Seat Inertia Reel

Post by johnsunday »

A group of guys here locally own some 170's. One of them found out that Cessna is supplying, free of charge, the pilot seat kits that have an inertia reel and a floor plate, and they also will pay for installation. I put my airplane on the list. A local mechanic is the point man for Cessna and has already installed three reels on the bottom of pilot's seats and will be installing the floor attach points this next week. I gave him my pilot's seat this afternoon and he confirms it is free of charge to me, he will install the floor plate this Monday, it adds 3 lbs to the W&B, and eliminates the need for a secondary seat stop.

Neat deal huh...

John

N2786C, Ratty ole Alaska Bush Plane

P.S. I understand the deal doesn't last forever....if you want one ya better get on the list....
Abe

Re: Cessna Supplied Pilot Seat Inertia Reel

Post by Abe »

John,
I had one put in my 170B last year and from what I can see from the system they are utilizing it should work as well as any rail locking device....As one of those pilots who has had the seat slid waaaay back on takeoff :oops: I now have both in my plane...And yes Cessna reimbursed me for the cost of the kit and installation cost....There is more on this in an earlier thread if you want to search it out....
Bill
'52 170B
johnsunday

Post by johnsunday »

RR FB BILL,

I thought I'd renew the thread just in case there was anyone out there who'd like to take advantage of the deal.

John
Steve 170A

Post by Steve 170A »

I just bought my 170A last week and just joined the 170 Association. I can't tell from the info on this link who/where to contact Cessna about the inertia reel? Tried to do a search and find previous threads but I guess I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any additional info, I'm glad there is such a good group.
johnsunday

Post by johnsunday »

Steve,

I've been a member for three years and I still don't know all the ins and outs of the site.

I'll call the mechanic who installed mine and I'll post the info he gives me.

John
3993v

Post by 3993v »

Steve, you need to see a certified cessna shop. I had two kits installed on two defferint 170's, they did all of the work and I paid nothing. If I remember correctly the free pilot side offer is only good untill december. I used Falcon Executive Aviation in Mesa AZ at Falcon Field. You can call cessna direct and they will give you the names and phone numbers of Cessna certified Repair Centers that are close to you. Also I am an IA and was told they would not let an individual IA do the job and be reimbursed for the parts and labor, it had to be a Cessna certified Repair Center. nick