Website www.fly170.com

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

DWood

Website www.fly170.com

Post by DWood »

I just launched a website fly170.com where I will be posting photos of my project 170 during the restoration. I am hoping this will make me document the restoration, keep me moving on it, and maybe keep others interested in restoring these great airplanes. If your interested, take a look. I do not claim to be a web master or a professional restorer. It is only for fun!
Dan
W.J.Langholz

Re: Website www.fly170.com

Post by W.J.Langholz »

Dan

Just visited your web site, very nice, and thanks for sharing.

Will you also be listing the cost involved in resto? I have done several Mustangs 1 47 pickup and have a 68 camaro in the shed right now. I have tried to keep track of the out of pocket expenses and a ballpark on the time spent on the project. It will scare you at the end of 4-5 years working on something, but I look at it this way, atleast I'm not down at the bar .....now that would be a waste!!!!!

Thanks and keep us updated 2-3 times a year

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
DWood

Post by DWood »

W
Thanks, I am piling up the invoices from Spruce. Since I seem to do everything 3 times, I will probably have the cost of 3 airplanes when I am done.
Dan
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

DWood wrote:W
Thanks, I am piling up the invoices from Spruce. Since I seem to do everything 3 times, I will probably have the cost of 3 airplanes when I am done.
Dan
Dan,
Only three would probably be conservative......Brad