A new test pilot...

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

15A

A new test pilot...

Post by 15A »

Here's a guy ready to become a test pilot. 8O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujU1DjaYfs4
Joe Craig
'56 C172 Taildragger N6915A
'46 Aeronca Champ N65HM
n3437d

Re: A new test pilot...

Post by n3437d »

Listening to the news reporter - I could swear she said the wings and body were crafted from "aluminium sh :o t"

Disappointed the clip ended too soon, I wanted to see the Maiden Flight.

Joel
N3437D
Visitors are more than welcome. Stop by and say hello.
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Oh! thats nothing...five or six years ago.. at our Cross and Cockade fl yin we had a 89 year old com in. with a WW1 look alike Sopwith....Flying lawn chair.....held together with ......The Handy mans Favorite tool, duct tape. Yes I mean that it was covered with the stuff....My only prayer was he get home and not have an insistent on the airfield.....I didn't want to have to deal with the NTSB!.....I am not kidding, He needed a walker, to get from the aircraft to the dinner table. I was counting my blessings when he left!....
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

Oh! to carry on.. I was impressed with the old gentleman......I just wasn't impressed with the shape of his aircraft....after all an 89 year old old man flying what he can!is impressive!!!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

When you're 89 and still flying yourself around solo in the outback/outer-reaches.... who has the right to question how you do it? IMO. (or what kind of fuel you did it with) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

gahorn wrote:When you're 89 and still flying yourself around solo in the outback/outer-reaches.... who has the right to question how you do it? IMO. (or what kind of fuel you did it with) :lol:
George, Do you remeber the gold bug? Absolute pice of crap that...as I rember was sold to someone at EAA and Burnt? The gold bug was a cream puff opposed to this aircraft :lol: I agree with you. The man was excelent....I have a lot of admeriation for him :!: :!: :!: